Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And Now?

My two year blogging anniversary is almost here, so I'm asking... And now? Where am I? What have I learned?
  • Give it time. Last spring I queried ROMEO, ROMEO, then let the novel rest for a few months. When I went back, I could see it needed tightening.
  • Say only what needs to be said.  
  • Have faith. Truth is, I thought I'd be closer to publication. Isn't that what we usually think? What keeps us going?
  • Write every morning.
  • Get little things out of the way.
  • Listen. I started two new websites this year, neither which I'd planned, but which seemed to ask to be cultivated, GOT BETTER and ROBERT GUTHRIE III.
  • Love the process. Writing helps me feel alive. 
Now I'm off to write. Planting seeds, nurturing, weeding, pruning, harvesting... the whole deal.

(photo of fields from Lee Mann Photography, king of Pacific Northwest images)

8 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm excited because Blogger is letting me comment here. I've been trying to comment on the Water Dragon post and kept getting locked out. (Didn't want you to think I hadn't stopped by.)

    I think your list here is a good one. Got to just keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that photo was of fabric at first--it looks like a beautiful quilt.

    I'm refreshed from the Charles St./Village Church MLK service. :)

    I can think of something you are leaving off your list. :)

    But I won't push (much). I'm trying to honor the zeitgeist you've built up over here. The going with the flow thing (but it's so hard!).

    I'm here if you need a push. Or other support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blogoversary! :)

    That's an amazing photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, happy blogiversary! Great things to have learnt over that time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! :)

    Some great lessons learned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly takes passion and dedication to keep going, but so long as it's still fun for you you;re golden. Neat blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making it to two years. I've just hit 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your two year anniversary! It's a huge achievement.

    This publishing thing is a long haul. It takes time and for everyone it's different. Be proud of what you've learned and progress you've made.

    Best wishes,

    Jai

    ReplyDelete