- Give it time. Last spring I queried ROMEO, ROMEO, then let the novel rest for a few months. When I went back, I could see it needed tightening.
- Say only what needs to be said.
- Have faith. Truth is, I thought I'd be closer to publication. Isn't that what we usually think? What keeps us going?
- Write every morning.
- Get little things out of the way.
- Listen. I started two new websites this year, neither which I'd planned, but which seemed to ask to be cultivated, GOT BETTER and ROBERT GUTHRIE III.
- Love the process. Writing helps me feel alive.
Lee Mann Photography, king of Pacific Northwest images)