Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Got It

Finally got it – YA novel #3. (Novel 0, forever in a box, doesn't count.) The characters, plot & the premise have finally come together. 


Bobsledding is off-season, but this is how I feel, that the key elements have aligned, that the team for novel #3 is ready. Kinda a long time in coming. #3 is based on a screenplay from forever ago that I never produced. But it's narrated by a new guy, a character in LUCKY, novel #2.

And the premise is different. Mostly, it's fun. Which in the past I might have thought was superficial... but... Sometimes a good ride is just what we want. So #3 is out of the gate, a chapter a week. 

How about you guys, how's your novel-writing team?

(photo from winterolympics)

15 comments:

  1. I am a little sad for Dragon Camp - I miss Rufus, Shingo, and Tacoma.

    But this prolific YA wave you have been riding is really paying of for your writing and my entertainment. Full mast, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon! I keep wondering about Dragon Camp. Just an hour a day... Hm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A chapter a week is a solid goal, sir. My novel-in-progress has been languishing this year with Write1Sub1 as I've focused on my short fiction. But I look forward to re-harnessing that novel-length excitement of which you speak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's a great feeling! Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...good for you, Robert! Sounds like progress ;)

    Well done,

    El

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to see you productive, Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making great progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you. That's got to be such a great feeling. Good luck to you as you embark on your next project.

    I'm revising, revising, revising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it's come together for you! It's a beautiful feeling, isn't it? :) I'm currently about 3/4s finished with a contemporary YA. I can see the end. Just need to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Robert!!! Sounds like the team is working well together.

    My team is currently in deliberation...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My writing team is doing swell, with the exception of submission guy, who needs to get off of his rump roast and get something out there in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete